On the Mondays of microscopy that have gone by since my first blog post on photography using a microscope, I have figured out how to lock the mirror of my DSLR up. Also, after a while of hunting through a bundle of cables, I did at last find the right cable in order to connect my (until then unused) remote shutter control with the camera.
Now, using the remote control and the locked mirror, I am doing everything I can think of at the moment in order to avoid blurred images due to camera shake.
The photos still aren’t exactly what I would call crisp and clear, however I believe that a difference is noticeable. Hopefully more progression will be noticeable in the next sessions. Some examples of the objects we’ve been looking at and photographing are below.